We may collect, process, store and use the following kinds of personal data about you:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing activity and patterns and does not identify any individual;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.rentalstep.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services;
- If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and the fulfilment of your orders.
- Any other information you choose to send us.
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the site;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the site;
- Enable your use of the services available on the site;
- Supply to you services purchased via the site;
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing;
- Notify you about changes to our service;
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, you may opt out of such use by e-mailing us at email@example.com asking to be removed from our mailing list.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
By signing up to Rentalstep, you consent to the sharing of your rental payment information with Experian Ltd. By this consent, not only will we be able to work with you more closely to manage your existing tenancy agreement, your track record as a tenant will enable Experian to use the information supplied to them in the future to assist other landlords and organisations to:
- Assess and manage any new tenancy agreements you may enter into;
- Assess your financial standing to provide you with suitable products and services;
- Manage any accounts that you may already hold, for example reviewing suitable products or adjusting your current product in light of your current circumstances;
- Contact you in relation to any accounts you may have and recovering debts that you may owe;
- Verify your identity and address to help them make decisions about services they offer;
- Help prevent crime, fraud and money laundering.
We, and Experian, will ensure that your information is treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act so you can have peace of mind that it will be kept secure and confidential and your information will not be used for marketing purposes.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, we may disclose your personal data to that third party.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with the information we hold about you.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of their websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
or by post to:
Rentalstep, Suite 73, Friars Court, 43 White Friars,
Chester CH1 1NZ.